Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An Autobiography of Time

I am Time.

You know me very well.

You live in me, And I live through you.

Morning to night,

You talk about me.

Without a doubt,

You love me.

I am THE ONE whom you care for.

I am THE ONE whom you're scared to lose.


I give you a moment of myself.

To stop and to think.

To listen to me for once.

To learn what I am.

To know what TIME really is.

Because, I am THE REASON for every breath you take.

Because, I am THE ONE you live for.


I hear the businessman say to his wife,"I have no TIME for love".

It's me he is talking of!

And blank I stare.

Hiding from the playful gestures of the fields,

The serious student says,"I have no TIME to play".

With a bagful of moments waiting to be used,

I gape and heave a sigh of despair.


I am TIME.

My bag is full of moments for you.

Moments to Love.Moments to play.

Moments to sing and dance.

Moments to listen and say.

Moments to work and moments for meet.

Moments to sleep and moments to eat.


How to know when to do what?

Easy it is!

Open your mind's eyes and lend your ears,

I have stored the secret password,

In cabins of your heart.

1 comment:

SilentSelf said...

Nicely said.. Time is just like a bank, whose balance expires after 24 hours, and gets renewed automatically.. So you have to use time, and cannot save it. That is the beauty of it- just like a continuous passing stream, without any beginning or end..
It's just our lives that get associated with this stream; no matter what happens to us, time moves on.. doesn't wait for anyone.